click on above pic to take you to the party
Joyce writes the questions
and invites us to respond our own answers.
1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent?
a.) I love silence. Growing up in a large family with a dog, a cat, and 10 guinea pigs things were always so noisy. I always vowed to myself my home would be tranquil, and it is. I am told that often. We don't watch television so it isn't always blaring in the background. I do often play music, or make music (piano, flute, sing) but most of the time it's nice and quiet. I am blessed to live in a very quiet cul-de-sac, too.
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute...a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?
a.) I absolutely adore chocolate - especially Reese Cups, but just found out I have pre-diabetes, so my days of sugar consumption are kinda all but over. It must be a very rare treat now in order to get back on track. I am already losing weight by monitoring my eating, it's melting off and not even that hard since I must do it. Hubs is so sweet, we are even thinking about going to a movie instead of handing out treats so I am not tempted. : - )
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
a.) Funny, I went from the 1970s to about 8 years ago not even owning a pair of jeans. In fact I almost never wore pants at ALL, I love skirts and wore a of them - hippie ones, Prairie dresses, sun dresses, etc. It's been since the 80s since I have owned a jean jacket - but if I lose weight again I think they can be so cute over prairie dresses, so hopefully I can wear one nicely again w/o it being too cumbersome and tight. Someone recently told me they have them in stretch denim now - something to try and find then, I say! YES to comfort! : - )
Point of interest: My eldest daughter, when little, used to lead a girls' club called The Jean Jacket Club. To this day my youngest daughter is mad she wasn't allowed in it. LOL. Poor kid. I never knew then!
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
a.) No, not so much. I guess I listened to the song Stevie Wonder sang and took it to heart. ♥
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
a.) Oh, that's easy. I have a nice collection of authentically re-created late 1400s Italian Renaissance gowns and all their accessories. I could be decked out in full regalia in less than a half hour. : - )
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
a.) I have a weird strong phobia about choking to death when alone (I am often.) Maybe that's why I tend to eat slowly, and certainly do when alone.
It's a real fear that scares me. As for regular "being scared," I am not too often. I do pray and it takes away my fears.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I _____________________.
a.) Gosh, um,
8. Insert random thought here:
Comments closed so you can go
"do your thang"
a bit faster today.
AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!